Saturday 26 March 2011



With Easter on the horizon I have been making nests using birch twigs, messmate, found feathers, beads and gilded small stones. Each one develops it's own character and because they are quite small and delicate they remind me of the fragility of birds eggs.






This one is a little more robust and fits nicely in cupped hands. Although I am not using blue I do feel somewhat like a bowerbird as I collect sticks from the garden, fossick for tiny feathers and weave, twist and shape materials to form the nests.

My daughter and I have always been makers and so we finally decided that we should find a special place to sell some of our works. We are so lucky that 'Nest' in Penguin is taking our work. We are very excited to be at the beginning of our new journey together - we hope you enjoy our work too.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for our own beautiful nest, bought today at Exeter Market. Your work is beautiful. Hope you enjoyed the sunny day and your jaunt 'up north'.

    ReplyDelete