Thursday 6 June 2019

River Stones - small treasures

For some years I have been stamping and painting onto stones that I have collected from the shores of local rivers in Tasmania. My fascination with stones and pebbles started as a child and, like everyone else, I absolutely love the feeling of a warm stone in my hands and the weight and smoothness that is so satisfying and reassuring. My collection stems from all corners of our beautiful island and they have become markers and keepsakes of times spent at each place with my family.



It was a natural progression to begin working onto them with imagery so I began stamping using permanent inks and was surprised at how long the images remain intact. I have also enjoyed painting onto stones and have an older collection of various designs dotted around the house. Recently I decided I should include some of the painted stones in my online store to accompany the stamped stones and the ones that have a golden heart painted on them. Keep an eye out in the next few weeks for new stones arriving on our online store.

When my daughters were little I had plans to paint a small stone with a gentle kind face on them so that the stone could be a pocket friend and be held closely where ever they were. Unfortunately, I didn't quite follow through with this idea at the time but perhaps now might be the time to bring this idea to life? My grandmother always said it is never too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment